Martin R. Wiarda
Martin R. Wiarda is a partner with Jones, Allen & Fuquay, L.L.P. Mr. Wiarda concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial real estate, banking, and commercial finance. He represents developers, banks, and other commercial lenders in connection with the negotiation and documentation of the acquisition, development, financing, and construction of commercial real estate projects, as well as asset-based lending transactions relating to accounts receivable inventory and equipment financing. Mr. Wiarda also has significant experience handling general business law and construction law matters.
Mr. Wiarda has been licensed to practice law in Texas since 1987. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas. Mr. Wiarda earned his Juris Doctorate with distinction from St. Mary's University School of Law in San Antonio. As a law student, he was a note and comment editor for the St. Mary's Law Journal, a member of Phi Delta Phi and the John M. Harlan Society, and a legal research and writing instructor. Mr. Wiarda received his undergraduate education at Tulane University, where he obtained a Bachelor of Architecture.
Mr. Wiarda and his family reside in Allen, Texas, where he is actively involved in community and civic organizations, including the Rotary Club of Allen Sunrise, where he served as president in 2002-03.
- Texas (1987)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas (1998)
- J.D., St. Mary's University School of Law (Honors: With Distinction; Member, Phi Delta Phi and John M. Harlan Society; Law Journal: St. Mary's Law Journal, Note and Comment Editor)
- B.Arch., Tulane University
- Legal Research and Writing, St. Mary's University School of Law (1986-87)
Professional Associations and Memberships
Pro Bono Activities
- Past President, Rotary Club of Allen Sunrise (2002-03)
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial Finance
- General Business
- Construction Law
Practice Area Focus
- 20% of Practice Devoted to Litigation