Laura L. Worsham
Laura L. Worsham is a partner with Jones, Allen & Fuquay, L.L.P. Ms. Worsham is an experienced business bankruptcy and appellate attorney. She also devotes a significant portion of her practice to matters involving banking and finance law, business and commercial law, business organizations, real estate, and litigation. Ms. Worsham has received an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell, the national directory of lawyers. This is the highest possible rating an attorney can receive, indicating preeminent legal ability and the utmost ethical standards.
Ms. Worsham has been licensed to practice law in Texas since 1982. She is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Prior to joining Jones, Allen & Fuquay, Ms. Worsham served as a Briefing Attorney to the Texas Supreme Court.
Ms. Worsham earned her Juris Doctorate from St. Mary's University School of Law in San Antonio. As a law student, she was on the Dean's List, Magister of Phi Delta Phi, a legal research and writing instructor, and note and comment editor for the St. Mary's Law Journal. Ms. Worsham received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Trinity University, where she majored in history and biology.
Ms. Worsham is a Dallas native. She has an extensive history of involvement in the Texas legal community, including membership in the John C. Ford American Inn of Court. Ms. Worsham has published papers in the St. Mary's Law Journal and taught Legal Research and Writing at the Texas Wesleyan School of Law for several years.
- Texas (1982)
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas (1983)
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas (1983)
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas (1983)
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas (1983)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (1985)
- J.D., St. Mary's University School of Law (Honors: Dean's List; Magister of Phi Delta Phi; Law Journal: St. Mary's Law Journal, Notes and Comment Editor)
- B.A., Trinity University
- Legal Research and Writing, St. Mary's University School of Law
- Legal Research and Writing, Texas Wesleyan School of Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
Past Employment Positions
- Texas Supreme Court, Briefing Attorney (1982-83)
Areas of Practice
- Business Bankruptcy
- Banking and Finance Law
- Business and Commercial Law
- Business Organization
- Real Estate
- Litigation and Appeals